Questions to consider before you look for an editor:
1. Have I workshopped or received feedback from a writing group?
2. Is this a later draft with edits?
3. Do I have the thought that the editor will ghost write for me and I can have a vague story idea?
4. Do I need an editor, or am I procrastinating?
5. Have I taken advantage of writing Meet Ups and online critique groups? Have I attented writing conferences to build these groups and make contacts?
6. Am I reading everything I can at break-neck speed, and then slowly, to absorb through osmossis the craft of writing?
7. Do I have a writing schedule? Do I write?
Please see my links page for tips.
Copyright 2006-2013 Elisabeth Kimsey