A Writer's Library
- Phillip Lopate - To Show and To Tell
- Brian Kiteley - The 3 A. M. Epiphany
Thank you for your visit!
- Query Letter Advice and a cornucopia of writing advice at Fiction Notes by
Writing Advice and Classes
Copyright 2006-2013 Elisabeth Kinsey
Editors and Ghost Writers for Hire
Composition and Academic Writing
ON APA and MLA:
APA and MLA are styles used in academic writing. These styles show a level of professionalism and intent of the student. When the styles are not adhered to correctly or the composition/content of an essay or journal article is both sloppy in format and grammar, the writer is seen as unprofessional.
Better ways to approach your writing:
- Go to the writing center at your institution for a pair of fresh eyes to comb through your essay.
- Get a family member, friend or spouse to read the essay out loud back to you.
- If you have the luxury of time, set the essay aside and re-visit it again in two days.
(Because I'm a writing teacher and would love to hear how this inspired you. Really - email me on my contact page!)